Happy Sunday everyone!! I hope everyone is having a good weekend? I’ve actually been somewhat productive and managed to do a lot of things I wanted to this weekend!
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions from Kate:
What was the last book that surprised you?
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. I don’t know what I expected when I first starting reading this but I was surprised how invested I became and I found it really hard to put down. I probably keep going on about this in my other blog posts, but I really really enjoyed it.
What is your favourite book series?
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder has recently become one of my favourite series and that is still ongoing. The first two books have everything you could ask for in a young adult mystery! I’m so excited to read the next!
Is the book always better than the film?
I would say so yes. I don’t think there is a film adaptation that I noticeably think is better. But the TV adaptation for Normal People is the first adaptation that I think is a bit better than the book.
Which book would make a brilliant film (that hasn’t been made yet)?
I’m such a murder mystery fan and with recently watching Knives Out, I would love to see The Hunting Party made into a film! With it being set in a really isolated highland, I bet it would make it extra creepy to watch it.
What was the last book you DNF?
I started a series years and years ago, I finished the first book Legend by Marie Lu and I remember getting through half of the second one and having to put it aside due to Uni work.
What is your favourite setting for a book?
I’m not really that fussy with settings and the more I think about it I don’t have a favourite. The only thing I would say is I love it when authors are really descriptive about settings, I love being able to imagine the details.
What title would you choose for your own autobiography?
This is something I’ve never thought about, but the first thing that comes to mind is Ellie Mai Behind the Blog! I think it is such a cute title (I would read it).
What 3 things would a book need to include to make it a must-read for you?
- I like a lil bit of romance but not forced, especially in genres like mystery&thrillers.
- Detailed settings, so I can really imagine what is happening.
- I don’t know about a 3rd thing! I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but I do love a pretty cover. It doesn’t necessarily make it a must-read but inspires me more to pick it up.
Which genre do you like least and why?
I would have to say non-fiction. Not because I don’t like non-fiction books, more the fact that I havn’t found any yet that I really want to read. To be honest I haven’t looked for any. That is one of my goals in 2021! To find a non-fiction book I think I will enjoy.
What’s been the most popular post on your blog?
My most popular blog post os my review for The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collin’s. I had mix opinions on this book when I first read it. I’m still not sure if I did enjoy it, or if it was the nostalgia from The Hunger Games that I enjoyed.
Which are your favourite book blogs to visit?
I will just leave a list and link all the book blogs and bookstagrams I regularly visit but I’m sure there are loads more. Definitely go and check them all out!
Ellie – Read To Ramble
Jenny – JenJen Reviews
Miki – A Writing’s Soul Story
Maddie – MissMaddyChats
Amber – Escape Life in the Pages
Priya – Syllables Of Swathi
Ashleigh – A Bookish Chick
Delly – DellyBird
Tessi – Bookrapt Blog
Jessica – Just Reading Jess
Mayurakshi – Bookshelf Life
I’m sorry if you’ve been tagged before!
- What are you currently reading and what do you think so far?
- What is your most recent 5 star read? Why 5 stars?
- What book/series would you like to see as a film/tv adaptation?
- What hobbies do you have besides reading?
- Do you prefer paperback, hardback, e-book or audiobooks?
- Which book cover design do you love and why?
- If you could visit one fictional world, where would it be?
- What is your go-to genre to read when you’re in a slump?
- What book on your TBR are you most looking forward to?
- Do you read multiple books at once or just one?
- Do you have a reading goal for 2020? If so, how is it going?
That wraps up my answers to The Sunshine Blogger Award. I can’t wait wait to see all of your answers! Make sure to tag me so I can see!